FREE BLOOD PRESSURE SCREENINGS Offered on the 2nd Sunday every month from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. in the Small Conference Room.
The mission of the Parish Health Ministry at Divinity Lutheran Church is to positively impact the lives of individuals in our congregation by supporting activities that promote the health of body, mind, and spirit.
Invitation to Participate
All healthcare professionals are encouraged to meet with us on the 3rd Sunday of the month at 10 am in the Small Conference Room at the church. Your help is needed in this important ministry! Our goal is to educate and encourage healthy living habits for all parishioners.
- Health Education articles are published each month in the DIGEST. Corresponding “Backdoor Readings” are posted in the restrooms. A coordinating bulletin board is displayed in the narthex. Free blood pressure screenings are offered the second Sunday of each month.
- First Aid Kits are located in the Ushers’ Room, the Main Kitchen, the Nursery and the Main Office.
- Follow-up phone calls are made to those who have had a baby or who have been recently discharged from a hospital or rehabailtation facility.
- Meals are offered to Divinity Family members who need them.
- An Automatic External Defibrillator (AED) is located on the wall in the office hallway.
- Parish Health Ministry provides a healthy mid-week Lenten Meal.
- A Parish Health Ministry scholrship is is available to a student pursuing a career in health care.
Parish Health Ministry Scholarship
The Parish Health Ministry Scholarship was created to financially support a student who is currently enrolled in a Health-related field of study. The ministry will award one scholarship of $500 to a deserving Divinity student who applies.
- The student is eligible to apply if (s)he is an active member of Divinity Lutheran Church.
- This scholarship is for a student who is currently enrolled in or who has been accepted into a health related field of study.
- Applicant displays sincerity and provides evidence of service and good citizenship in his/her community and/or at Divinity Lutheran Church.
- Applicant must write an essay explaining why (s)he should receive this scholarship in 250-300 words.
- Applicant must submit one letter of recommendation from a professor or counselor.
- Funds from the scholarship will be presented to an eligible individual upon receipt of proof of successful matriculation at an accredited school of higher education.